The one-room Price’s Switch Schoolhouse was built in 1840. The school was originally located on Route 94, a quarter mile north of Price’s Switch Road. In 1883, the schoolhouse was moved to Price’s Switch Road. At the new location the school was enlarged twice, adding six feet each time for coat rooms. The schoolhouse ceased operation on June 20, 1958. It was the last one-room school to operate in Vernon Township. Today it is maintained by the Vernon Township Historical Society. Each year, hundreds of school children and others get a glimpse of the school life of yesteryear when they visit the one-room schoolhouse as part of the Society’s education program. The schoolhouse is pretty much the same today as it was when first built. Lois Scordato, a Society trustee and the co-director of the education program, attended the one-room schoolhouse, as did Society trustee Dan Kadish. Bertha Compton, Beatrice Masker, and Jane Gilman were teachers at the Price’s Switch School.